Currently-Available Highest-Quality Linear PCM Video?

No. Pure Analog. (Tension, Current and Resistance)

First you would need a CPU with infinite speed, then we can talk about .rgb extensions ;-)

Hmmm, MPG1, MPEG4 and VOB (DVD Files)...

Pulse Code modulated. My MoDem makes use of it... better said with ISDN. That's pure digital and the better way to connect computer to computer over a leased line. Hmmm, for Video and Audio I see no use for PCM... even for phoning human to human, an analog leased line makes more sense.

E.g. DVD is 10bit picture and 24bit Sound, IMHO. (Also, search for information)

Bandwidth!? MHz. (again Analog)

I would not wonder some are joking with you. That's pure crap.

I would search for some informative text. How the CD and the CD Player is working. White Papers etc.

Some basics to electronic you would need as well.

I think this is not a buy this buy that NG.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

So RGB is analog? Another poster said its digital.

LOL

I dislike all 3. I want uncompressed digital video. *Completely* uncompressed.

Um, CD audio is PCM and it currently the second best available. The "first class" digital audio signal DVD audio.

DVD audio offers 16-bit, 20-bit, and 24-bit audio with sample rates of

44.1 khz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz. If sample rates from 44.1 khz to 96 khz are used, the audio can have up to 5.1 channels [surround sound]. If samples rate 176.4 khz or 192 khz are used, the audio can have up to 2 channels [stereo].

No offense but the "sound" is irrelevant to my question.

Bandwidth is the amount of available frequencies. Not what I was asking about.

How is it crap?

Reply to
Radium

After the D/A converter, yes.

At Christmas as a present. The disc is so big that it fullfills the whole place under the NYC Christmas Tree ;)

That are nice arabic numbers...

The CD sounds better than a DVD, when it comes to timing.

When you mean the sound-quality, due to the higher bandwidth, yes and no. A Record Player can compare in rough numbers (up to 70,000Hz etc...).

What's for you irrelevant is even more irrelevant for me.

If you would know...

44100 scans per second (lets's say steps) with an available resolution of 16bit, what is 0-65535 in decimal values. That means, you have from left to right 44100 ticks (1 second) and from up and down (of course you want to hear some amplitudes, also called noise or in some cases Music) you have -65535 to 65535 (131072. - + yes?) possibilites for an y-coordinate-tick. That all together connected x and y ticks (Painting with Numbers :-)) makes a steppy/stairy sinus (call it sample, but it isn't so with a CD-Player) Wave, which can polished even further with oversampling and so.....

In Realtime.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

You don't think there's such a thing as digital RGB? Interesting.

Ah, I see - you think it's only a valid format if there's a file type and extension associated with it. Interesting.

Well, it's certainly one possible such representation. How is it distinguished from the others?

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Not at all; there are digital forms of RGB as well. For instance, the data carried over the standard DVI connection.

What on Earth are you talking about? I certainly hope this doesn't come from some belief on your part that an analog format provides "infinite" resolution or some other such nonsense.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

RGB simply means "red, green, and blue" video - it clearly can be represented in either analog or digital form.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

What do you think it is BEFORE the D/A converter?

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Aeeehhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a High-End IBM-PC compatible calculator, combined with the RGB Picture I see.

Actually I have a DVI VGA converter, dvi-d to vga, digital to analog, DVI to VGA. The DVI to VGA Converter connects computers with DVI-D connectors to analog VGA monitors or projectors. ... DVI to VGA Converter. convert digital video signal to analog monitor ... VGA female to female gender changer. Connector Pinout. DVI-D Connector ...

Best regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

You mean the typical RGB reception of Apes. Yes.

heh heh, but it does not have such restricted numbers, which are a second time restricted to that, where analog is already restricted (MHz, Picture, etc...).

Or would you say a x-coordinate (line) is lesser, than x and y coordinate together (dott, aka "Pixel").

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

Daniel, I realize that English is most likely not your first language, but I am really having difficulty understanding you here. Would you please try that again?

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

If you've got a DVI-to-VGA cable, it is most likely connecting to a DVI-I (which carries a VGA-compatible analog output), not a DVI-D.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Yes I do. I am sure there is digital RGB.

Nope. A format can exist even if it doesn't have a file or extension.

What are the other *uncompressed* digital video formats? Is "RGB" one of them?

Reply to
Radium

Hi Bob!

That was just copy and pasted.... a txt file in my Archive Drawer, under 'absolutely moronic'

;)

Kind regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

I know what you mean... but you can't compare 'infinite' to 'bordered'.

It's not easy as pie :-)

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

P.S.: Also Digital have its Limits, so as Analogue do it have.

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

You believe two things at the same time :)

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic