Components naming

For me, an AC127 was only 1 week pocket money ! But I have to take the bus, which cost around 1/2 week pocket money ! ;-)

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Scalbert

My first AC127 (s) were on a pile of scrap TV boards, all the IF modules were missing but at one end was a complete AF amplifier with germanium complementary pair output.

By this time TO220 silicon complementary pairs were filtering onto the market, so I upgraded a pair of the TV AF amplifiers and used them to modernise an old tube stereogram.

Reply to
ian field

"Eeysore"

** AD161/2s were NOT made using a TO66 pack.

The pin and mounting hole spacings are wider than TO66 & the pins and base plate are both much thicker.

The pack designation is an obscure one, given as " SOT-9 " in some spec sheets.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

A Japanese derivative according to one source I found. But barely different. Do you NEED to pick nits ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeysore"

** TO66 is not Jap and neither is the AD161/2 pack.
** Different enough to not fit into a TO66 socket.

** 100% false assertion

- yawwwnnnnnnnnnn.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

My first one was to build a rain detector (with also a bc138) when I was around eleven. It does not work and it took me 1 day to realize that the new battery, which cost me one week pocket money, does not work ...

Reply to
Olivier Scalbert