Comparison of Oscilloscope TDS2022 or DSO3202 ?

Hello, everyone , can anyone comment on which budget oscilloscope offers a better deal in terms of performance and price, is it Tek's TDS2022 or the Agilent DSO3202 ?

Personally i feel TDS2022 might be a better scope , since it has 2G sampling rate .

Any comments?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
REMOVE_NOSPAM_tpkcbq

Do you really need 200MHz analog bandwidth? You could save some serious $$$ by going for a lower bandwidth model.

The DSO3202 has 4KB sample memory and has some *really nice* masking and filtering (programmable high pass/low pass/bandpass) features. The sequence mode is very useful too. Tek has none of these features. It's a bit SLOW but you get that on these budget models. It is actually designed and made by Rigol and rebadged by Agilent. You might be able to get it a bit cheaper as a Rigol branded model.

I have not played with the TDS2022, but it only has 2.5KB of sample memory, that sucks. So does 4KB on the agilent, but it's better than

2.5KB! You need all the sample memory you can get. The Tek doesn't have USB, the Agilent does, but sadly you can't capture the screen to USB memory stick.

I would not get too caught up in the sample rate, unless you really need to do high frequency single shot work.

You can't go wrong with either one, but decide on what you actually need it for. If you will be doing mostly single shot work then the 4KB memory on the Agilent should be the deciding point.

I would choose the Agildent for it's bigger memory, USB connectivity, and extra software features.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hello,

Tek's TDS2002 and Agilent's DSO3202 have the same bandwidth 200MHz, but TDS2022 max sample range is 2GHz instead of DSO3202's 1GHz. Of course, TDS2022 is better, but it cost you more.

Reply to
Dennis Zhang

A higher sample rate does no automatically make it "better".

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks to all , whom replied to my post , i guess it ended up to how much i am willing to fork out for the oscilloscope.

Thanks to dave and dennis

Reply to
REMOVE_NOSPAM_tpkcbq