Combining dual secondaries of a toroidal transformer

Indeed.

Nothing, because you don't have a complete circuit - but there will be no voltage between the free ends.

Again nothing, but you will have twice the voltage between the free ends.

WRONG - you get a short circuit.

Parallel, out of phase would mean each battery's positive terminal connects to the other's negative - if that won't cause a huge current circulating through the batteries, I don't know what will. If you connect a load in parallel with these paralleled batteries, you will get very little current in the load, as it is all going between the batteries.

In my world, "parallel, in phase" means that the positives of the two batteries are connected together, and to one end of the load, if any, and the two negatives are likewise connected together, and to the other terminal of the load. The voltage across the two parallel batteries will be equal to the voltage of one battery, and no current will flow, unless a load is connected.

I went to school, and have been working in electronics for 45 years - I think I know what I'm talking about here. (and I have two 12 volt batteries paralleled "in phase" on my boat, with no problems.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI  Vancouver BC, Canada
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

You get an horrendous current through them.

No you don't, you get no current.

All that cursing and swearing and you're wrong.

--
Gibbo

This email address isn\'t real.
Reply to
Gibbo

Jesus christ. IN PHASE means that they reinforce each other. If they are in phase then they cannot cancel each other out. By definition that is what it means.

Yeah, right... I jsut did it and I'm right. I can't believe you guys hang out here and don't know wtf your talking about.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Ok, well, in your world then you have it backward than mine. In phase means they reinforece each other.

If you take two sinusoidal waveforms and put them in phase do they cancel?? NO. So in your world you view it backwards. If you put two AC voltage sources IN PHASE IN SERIES do you get 0? By your point of view you must. But you have it backwards. If they are in phase it means --- - + ---- - + ----. This means if they are identical you will get 2 times. Maybe they taught you 45 years ago something backwards... I guess you learned that electrons flowed from plus to minus too?

Oh yeah. you must be a f****ng genius. Excuse me. Didn't you ever learn not to run batteries in parallel in EE 101? Guess not. 45 years huh? what a waste.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

No, he would want to blame everyone else for his ignorance, and keep right on doing stupid things.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

We "Hang out here" to correct the BS that ignorant assholes like you try to feed to newbies.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No it doesn't

Two nodes of equal voltage and in phase means no current will pass between the two nodes. Which is exactly the opposite of what you said.

If they *did* cancel each other out that would mean current was passing between them.

If you just did it and think you are right that is because you don't know what in phase means.

--
Gibbo

This email address isn\'t real.
Reply to
Gibbo

--
No, it means they don\'t interfere with each other.
Reply to

This is a joke, right?

Otherwise, could you please cite a reference that says, "Don't put batteries in parallel"?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise