CMOS/CCD image Sensor?

Hi all,

Is there any low cost color CMOS/CCD sensor support CIF(352*288) and YUV output? My friend recommend Omnivision's OV6620. Anyone used it please give some suggestions.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Best regards, Davy

Reply to
Davy

Hi Davy,

Actually i am integrating that exact module now, but it has not been very fun as its the first imager i have ever played with. Saying that, it is pretty straight forward once you understand it :).

I am using a SX28 processor (at 75mhz) to pull of some small groups of pixel data for some simple color detection, I found it much more versatile than simple filtered photodiodes as its easily pointable (b/w composite output) and auto-white balanced keeping the readings very stable in an indoor environment.

It can output a few formats including YUV and RGB raw data, 8 or 16 bit, although i only needed the top 5 bits of each reading (in RGB-16 mode), so my interface requires only 10 data bits.

I would recommend the c3088 module, it uses the ov6620 chip with an integrated lense holder and lense, convenient, goes for about 35$ - 50$ a piece (low qty). pictured here;

cheaper here;

also read these;

Goodluck Alex

Reply to
Quack

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your help ;-)

I am searching CMOS sensor currently, and find only Omnivision provide all series of products. Is it right? Thanks!