Cell phone tracking question

I think some transistor-powered nerd might be tracking my movements by way of the emergency cell phone I carry.

If I wrap my cell phone in Aluminum foil will this shield the signal from detection?

Sort of a "tin-foil-hat-in-the-pocket" question? No. This is a serious inquiry. :-(

Rusty Oxhide

Reply to
Rusty Oxhide

It's quicker to rip out the battery.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

How about turning it off?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Your GPS signal may be on by default, turn it off!

Reply to
pheeh.zero

Turning it off should suffice. If not, pull the battery.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Clever little bastards put a tab in the case so the battery only goes in one way. I cut the tab and just flip the battery around ass backwards so the contacts won't mate.

Reply to
default

Tin foil will more than do it.

An interesting experiment is to drop the phone into a large tin can (stock pot etc.) then watch the signal bars while you close off the top with a lid.

Easier and safer to just pull the battery.

The FBI has already been remotely activating phones to eavesdrop. It wouldn't take too much more to record conversations (on an EM shielded phone) and send out a burst transmission periodically, or activate the cameras....

Paranoid? I worked for the NSA... now those folks are really paranoid.

Reply to
default