can some identify this transistor please

Are there any manufacturer logos on it? Could be a 2SD140 or 2SD1406.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

D140 G (or 6). There a ".T" marking on it too. I've done several searches but can find a datasheet (or pinout) for this transistor. I have a few of these in the junk box and they could come in usful if I knew what they were! thanks

Reply to
dave

The only other markings on them are a letter "Y" and "GE"!

Reply to
dave

Hi dave, Tom Y marking shows hfe rank.

2SD140 is too old to get info. I think this was not generic use product, but special use only for JVC. 2SD1406 is NPN audio freq. power Tr, discontinued product made by TOSHIBA. Substitute product of TOSHIBA is 2SD2531. Datasheet is here.
Center pin of 2SD1406 must be COLLECTOR. You can find BASE pin by using your tester or DMM.

This site is very good. (written in JAPANESE) Site owner says there is no guarantee that they are correct.

Pin layout of 2SD1406 and 2SD2531 is the same according to this site.

Good luck, dohi from Tokyo

Reply to
dohi