can a charger bought for 2100mAh used for 2500 or 2700 mAh?

Hi. I have a sony cybershot photo camera that came with 2100mAh rechargeable sony AA batteries and their charger. Now the batteries died (after quite some use). Can I use the new sony 2500mAh or 2700mAh batteries with this same charger? (I hope their diameter is the same) Also, they wouldn't damage my camera, right ?

Reply to
interuser

On Feb 16, 6:54=A0pm, interuser wrote: > Hi. > I have a sony cybershot photo camera that came with 2100mAh > rechargeable sony AA batteries and their charger. > Now the batteries died (after quite some use). > Can I use the new sony 2500mAh or 2700mAh batteries with this same > charger? > (I hope their diameter is the same) > Also, they wouldn't damage my camera, right ?

I have a Ray-O-Vac NIMH charger that came with 1600 mAh cells and have charged many differemt brands and capacities over the years. No problems in Fuji, Canon and Kodak digicams. The higher capacity cells just take a little longer. Don't mix different capacity cells in the camera.

GG

Reply to
stratus46