breadboard

I bought a potentiometer at Radio Shack, but it doesn't fit on my breadboard.

How do most people attach these to breadboards?

Thanks.

Reply to
mike7411

Solder short lead wires of an appropriate gauge to the pot. 26 ga. (solid) works pretty well.

-- john

Reply to
John O'Flaherty

Solder short pieces of insulated wire to the potentiometer, and then put the wires into the breadboard.

This is usefull for any component that doesn't match the spacing of the breadboard.

Indeed, it can be useful to dedicate some components to this, some pots some switches and whatever, so they are ready when you need them.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Hi, again, Mike.

Just solder three 24-22AWG solid wires onto the two legs and wiper, and you're good to go.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

If you're talking about protoboard, I've always preferred #24 - it just feels like #22 is getting a little big for those delicate little contacts.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Solder wires to them or use aligator-clip leads to wires plugged into the breadboard.

--

Bye.
   Jasen