Bluetooth SoC

A partner and me are implementing bluetooth on a set of autonomous robotics. We already have factored in the limited distance of bluetooth and it is fine for our applications. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any guides to implementing bluetooth and/or a bluetooth SoC. We are looking at the SiW 3500 and 4000 from rf microdevices, and the offerings from zeevo that work on the bluewave III. We are looking for a simple to implement solution. We do not require anything too advanced, but would like highest bandwidth possible. We are planning on interfacing it to a handyboard. A guide on implementing any of these chips would be appreciated as I've not done much microprocessor/controller programming before. Thank you.

Reply to
musclefreak

I would suggest a complete module with software stack, such as the (previously TDK) Ezurio TruBlu modules. These use the CSR chipset, and work well ( I know, I have designed them into some equipment).

These come with a complete stack and an AT style interface, and are ready to pass data (or voice on SCO). Very simple to use, around $50 (your price obviously may vary). Dev kit is £99 UK, probably around that for the US. I have no knowledge of pricing elsewhere.

In addition, there are no compliance tests to pass to put the Bluetooth logo on (should you so desire) except to list the module manufacturers name (according to my data sheet).

PeteS

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS