Becoming The Path Of Least Resistance!

Hi, Im trying to modify a digital camera, so I disassembled it and as I was doing so got one mother of a shock, have the blister on my finger to prove it. The very large capacitor in the camera discharged on me and it hurt something bad, my question is how can I saffely discharge the capacitor so I can work on the dam thing without getting zaped. I cant tell exactly what the cap is other than its electrolytic and fairly large.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Harris

Sounds like you already discharged it, we use to take a big ass screwdriver and short them against the metal case of the old green screen terminals...........probaby not the best method but it worked

Reply to
James Douglas

was

The

work

is

Thanks for all the replies, Me has got it sorted, have managed to play arround with without getting shocked now, btw it was a 94V, Also it left a burn on my finger, will be ever so carefull when dealing with anything that has large caps in. It hurt just as much as mains voltage 240V. But I never got a burn from mains when I was last shocked.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Richard Harris