Wireless Music Bridge & Hardwired Home Networks

Several years ago, I went to the trouble of wiring my entire house to access the net via coax, placing speaker terminals and phone jacks in each outlet as well. At the time, I even envisioned the possibility of playing internet radio through my stereo system, although I was neither an audiophile nor a computer geek; just a retired guy with an interest in what appeared to be at the time, a neat project.

All went well... surprisingly. Everything works ... except for that last idea. The wire I used to run back to my stereo was mono, not stereo. Problem is, each room has two sets of wires in order to deliver stereo. I had assumed the wire I needed to put through the walls - coming from my WindowsXP HE computer and going to the stereo - was one like all the others I used for my speakers. Problem was... I wasn't going to speakers from my computer with that wire; I was going to my stereo receiver... and I went there with just one speaker wire; mono.

Now enter wireless home networks and the "wireless music bridge". I'm hard wired. I like the bridge idea; it'll make up for the mistake I made (threading the walls through three floors was not a pleasant task!). My question: Since I plan to remain hard wired with regard to my home network, can I still throw into one of my computers a wireless network card, buy a wireless bridge, plug it into my stereo system, and pipe music throughout the hard wired speaker system I have throughout the house? I'm concerned about confusing the computers if I'm on the net through my hard wired home network and still trying to use those (at least one) computers to drive or feed that wireless bridge.

Is there an easier way considering what I've already done?

Reply to
John Gregory

access

internet

at

Problem

others

network,

If you used cable ducts or trunks or whatever you might be able to rewire by tieing one end of your "mono" wire to "stereo" wire and tearing at the other end.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

"tearing " ??? Clarify please.

Reply to
John Gregory

nor

be

last

my

went

throughout

concerned

rewire

Pulling, sorry (me no english).

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

Not through three floors. It was a job I really wouldn't want to repeat.

Reply to
John Gregory