Basic resistance calculation

1) I know the formula for calculating total resistance but what if the other branch is empty?

A -----+---+ | | | | R | | | | | B -----+---+

2) All current goes through the branch without the resistance?
Reply to
-

Empty it ain't. Gonna have a lot of current going through it. Tis a dead short.

Reply to
kell

Classic trick homework or test problem. Makes you wonder why the poster used " snipped-for-privacy@fakedomain.fake" for his ID.

We shouldn't be at that time a year again, should we?

Reply to
Noway2

Must be a journamalism major switching at the second semester. ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Every semester, around finals week, all of the kids that have spent the semester drunk and/or stoned start cramming for their finals, and they panic when they realize that they don't understand a word of what the textbook is about, so they come here and ask for the answers to the exercises, so they can pass the test and graduate illiterate. >:-[

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

my lecture notes don't cover that part and my googling didn't help. here WAS my last resort.

Reply to
-