AVX Tantalum Capacitor?

Hello everyone!

Is this capacitor bipolar or polarized?

Thanks!

Reply to
MRW

What made you think they might be bipolar ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Hi Graham,

I guess I don't know much. I'm not too familiar with capacitor types. But I just saw another document related to it, and it seems like they are polarized.

Thanks!

Reply to
MRW

They have a DC voltage rating, not AC, so are polarized. If you blow up the color photo on the first page, you can see the polarity indicator bar.

Reply to
John Popelish

We've used them here, at work. They are polarized.

Tom P.

Reply to
tlbs101

"John Popelish"

** So do ordinary plastic film caps & bi-polar electros.
** False conclusion.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It's a tantalum It's therefore polarised

EOM

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

MR. Whate,

AVX will provide a 'data book' for those particular components upon request. Here's the link for the request form from the AVX site:

(because they're not the only manufacturer of this category of parts, it's often the case that their selection of technical papers is limited. If you can't find your answer from the selection offered on line, or from the additional literature available... you might try the NIST sub-division, or EEEL, or etc.)

Good luck.

Grouchy

Reply to
Grouchy

Because it doesn't say anywhere in that data sheet. This is sci.electronics.basics, where there are no stupid questions.

The closest indication the above-linked data sheet has, that I was able to find, is, "For part markings, refer to page

163", and the .pdf I downloaded is only 6 pages.

To the OP - you'll need more of a data sheet (which you could probably get from a catalog or the AVX web site), or actually sacrifice one to test it and see which way it's marked.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Capacitor markings