Automated Power Cycle

Hey all,

Has anyone used or installed a 120volt power relay that would allow for a 23 hour 59 minute on time and a 1 minute off time that would then repeat the cycle??

The desire would be to have a remote device do a daily reboot without human intervention.

I know I can build one to do the job but I was wondering if someone knows of a device that would be off the shelf available to just plug in.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Seems to me something like this would do what you want:

See under "More Features":

"Daily ON-OFF Timer

With this feature, you can set up to 3 daily ON-OFF programs; each program will repeat once every day. For example, you can use this timer to reboot your router by setting it to go off at 2:00 am and come back on at 2:05 am. The adjustable time is from 1 minute to 23 h 59 mins."

--

Jeff
Reply to

Thanks Jeff,

Yes that should do the job!!

Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

If it's a computer, you can just program it. What else does 'reboot'?

Power-cycling a computer by interrupting AC power is stressful in ways that simply rebooting is not.

Reply to
whit3rd