Antennea

Hello,

I am all but finished completing a copy of the radio shown at the link below. The antennae required is described in the Description paragraph.

I would like to take and show it to a friend of mine who would be interested in it. It would be in an office type setting

Question; Being as I cannot stretch out a 50 ft. antennae cable in a small office, can someone tell me what type of antennae will work in an office for demonstration purposes ? I am not new to electronics, but new to radio.

Thank You So Much,

Wayne

Wayne

The point of the long antenna is to be able to collect enough signal for the radio to work. Since there's no radio amplification, there's nothing to compensate for a short antenna.

Use a loopstick, as found in any radio these days, and use it and the variable capacitor instead of the tuned circuit in the circuit.

Or look up loop antennas, and use one instead of the tuned circuit in the radio.

In both cases, that makes the input tuning coil the antenna, so it likely works better than a short length of wire, but even then there will be severe limitations.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

OK Sir, you have given me the kind of information I have been looking for. I appreciate it very so kindly.

I knew there were going to be limitations, it calls for 50 ft. What can I ask when I want to work it in a 8X12 office.

Thank You Mr. Black.

You are a Champ,

Wayne

Reply to