Amp Capacity

I have some 8 conductor 28 ga.. cable, single strand. I want to do some simple home automation with it, some small relays, prox switches, etc., 10-15 VDC range.

How much current can I safely have on a single conductor in the cable environment?

Thx.

Reply to
Backhand

Correction, 24 ga.

Reply to
Backhand

24 ga copper is .0262 ohms per foot, so 100 feet will drop 2.62 volts at 1 amp, and dissipate 2.62 watts of heat.

Figure it out from there.

Reply to
Bill Bowden