Air Purifier UV Bulbs

Are air purifier UV bulbs 120 V AC or do they need some kind of power supply?

Bret Cahill

Most use a ballast similar to a florescent tube. I'm not familiar with this one but since its four pin that would be my guess.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

The ones I saw at a the Salvation Army thrift store just had 2 pins but that doesn't mean they don't need a ballast.

Supposedly malignant melanomas appear under UV light.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill