A circuit for regulating a Silicone Heater Mat

Hello all,

I am very new to electronics and need to build a simple 12V dc circuit, which will keep a heater mat at a fixed temperature... ie switch it on and off depending on tempterature. I guess I need a device that measures the temperature and opens a switch when that temperature is reached. Is there an electronic device that will do that?

Thanks Alex

Reply to
confused2

The simplest way may be to get a heating pad and use its electronics to control your mat. As long as the heating pad uses a simple on/off series switch to control the temperature then it should work.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Ross Herbert

Hello Alex I am Phuong I can answer your question with my idea: If you need a device that measures the temp and opens a switch when that temperature is reached.I think the simple you should use the microcontroller with AD converter as AVR,PIC or 8051 +AD0804.It so easy to programming that you need.If you interested in this ,pls email for me : snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
phuongphamcteck

I have friend who makes a temperature-regulated silicone heater mat. It used a simple IC and a power MOSFET. It was the LM56 low power thermostat. You can contact him at

A good primer on temp control is:

Also National's Temperature Sensor Handbook (which describes the LM56):

Some other sensors are LM34, LM75, LM86 and LM134, or you can look at some chips from Maxim:

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen