ideas for rc lamps

Hi all -

I need some creative ideas - I need to rig up a device that will allow me to switch on two independent lamps using remote control of some sort, ideally wireless, ie IR etc. The base unit housing the two bulbs can't be connected to an outlet, ie must be battery powered. I'm new to this sort of stuff, so not used to wiring diagrams etc...anyone have any ideas of an existing product or component that I can butcher to get me a solution?

TIA

MAT

Reply to
Mat