74HC4046 Model Development

If you read the datasheet carefully, that good performance only exists over a certain range of parameters, and is only typical, not guaranteed. See the list of datasheet references I posted in the other HC4046 thread a few days ago.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Whilst I agree that each manufacturer gives a range for each parameter, my experience is that each manufacturer produced devices which were amazingly consistent, but wildly changing from one manufacturer to another. I recall that each manufacturer specified their 74HC4046 very differently to show theirs in the best light. One problem I had years ago was that one version produced over 25MHz irrespective of R and C with a control voltage at +5V, causing my counters to fail and the whole PLL to fall over!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

perhaps minimum wage isn't enough to live on?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Which means a lot of people are being employed AND make good money to help the unemployed :-)

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel