HC4046_VCO Now available as LTspice SCHEMATIC (.ASC)

Here is my first pass at the HC4046 (VCO portion only), now in LTspice format...

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Thanks, Jim. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

Watch this space... it's getting simpler and simpler as I convert device-level to behavioral... made great progress yesterday whilst awaiting wife at beauty parlor ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Did she pick you up on time? ;)
Reply to
John Fields

29 years ago, when the first daughter was wed, I agreed to "take the gray out", but have not done so since. I'm au naturel, and subject myself only to an occasional hair cut... usually I just hack some of it off myself with the sheep shears ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Looks pretty good to me, apart from LTspice not understanding "IS" parameter.

Plot of frequency versus control voltage attached

Reply to
Fred Abse

Sometimes LTspice throws up over what it's supposed to know... IS is a common parameter for MOS devices... defines the body diode.

Looks good. ...Jim Thompson

LTspice doesn't seem to have a level 7 BSIM3.2, although it meekly accepts "level=7", and digests all parameters, except Is.

Is *is* accepted in level 1 thru 3.

Frequency vs. Vc curves don't match datasheet curves, BTW, on further playing. Using 300k/39pF, frequency range is low. Likewise 300k/0.1uF

3k/0.1uF shape not bad, but still low. 3k/39pF shape wrong.

(Comparison with ON Semiconductor 74HC4046 published data.)

Detailed plots when they churn out.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)