56k modem electronics

I am trying to find a tutorial guide that explains how modem electronics work. So far without success.

Have you come across a tutorial. If so, please post the URL

Thanks

Sp

Reply to
species8350

I'm sorry, but this type of question can only be answered for species 8649.

Reply to
Don Bowey

If you need a tutorial on serial modem communications, a good place to start would be:

That page is heavy on the general stuff and the cable pinouts, usually what you need first. Look at the links on the bottom of the page for more pages having to do with serial communications, and phone modems in particular.

As always, the Jedi master for serial communications tutorials for newbies is Jan Axelson of Lakeview Research, and the Book "Serial Port Complete" by that author. You can get it from libraries, Amazon, or the Lakeview Research website

This webpage has links to everything. But if you really want to learn, try getting a hold of the book. It's great.

Good luck Chris

If you could be more specific about your needs, you might get a better answer. I'm not really sure what you want.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Sounds like he wants a description of how they shove 56,000 bits per second of data through a POTS line that's only guaranteed to 3 KHz.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks

Very helpful reply

I am looking for how the electronic components on the PCB process the electrical signals to give information ( and how the components work together).

Thanks again

Sp.

Reply to
species8350