10nJ100 Capacitor ?

I need to figure out a replacement part for a board.

Seaching Digikey, I cannot find any caps called "10nJ100" It has no other markings on it.

It's about .4 wide x .1 thick x .3 tall rectangular, off white in color.

Any ideas as to what this is?

T.C.

Reply to
Tim C.

Hi. It is 10 nanoFarads at 100 Volts and the J whatever tolerance the manufacturer asigned to that letter. Miguel

Reply to
Externet

You never find things by label, FYI. You have to read it..

0.01µF = 10nF, 100V (J is tolerance or style?), film, square molded case.

Tim

Tim Williams

If I were pressed into hazarding a guess, I'd say 10 nF, (.01 uF); type J dielectric (whatever that is) or code J tempco; 100V.

See if you can find a local TV and stuff repair shop, and see if they'll let you stick it on their LCR meter. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I would guess 10 nanofarads (0.01 uF) 5% 100 volt DC, mylar.

Perhaps like these:

John Popelish