Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding a Full Selection of Parts to LTSpice
What is the most painless and straightforward way to add a full selection of "standard" compnents to the LTSpice library? For example, op amps, regulators, CMOS IC's, switches, etc., as you would find...
2
2

radio kit
I'm an in school mentor for a young guy and it's clear that he would be very keen on building this: Unfortunately they won't ship it to Canada (I've emailed). Does anyone know of anything similar I...
105
105

Local Solar Time Clock
Is anyone aware of where I might obtain a clock that displays local solar time. IOW, through internal compensation, the clock always reads 12:00 exact when the sun is at its highest position in the...
26
26

my first microZed board
Just got this from production: from previously posted layout... This is a pretty serious signal processor application, but dropping the Zed on there makes it easy. We can plug a USB logic analyzer...
23
23

Current source
I'm feeling the need for a bench current source. Like an old Keithley 225. 100mA to 1nA would be fine. Beside the Keithley are there any other brands (models) I should look at? George H.
34
34

Emitter Follower + LPF Sine Convert for CD4060
I am looking at using a CD4060 and 32.768Hz crystal, running off 4 x AAA cells, to produce a reference 16Hz sine wave. Required output is 5Vpp at 50ma to drive an optical array. We will need a...
82
82

Smallest flexible circuit
Smallest flexible circuit:
13
13

Calculating instantaneous Current through IGBT or SCR
Math is not my strong suit, and college was long, long ago. I have to select a IGBT or SCR to go into the power supply for a YAG laser. The network that powers the lamp is a LC circuit set up for...
2
2

Hermetically sealed BNC
Hi all, I'm looking for some panel mount BNC connecters that are hermetically sealed. This in not high vacuum, but what I'd call thermal vacuum 10^-4 -10^-5 Torr. I recall these ones we used in grad...
8
8

Magnet wire for fuse
Just found a bad surface mount fuse in a TV and of course, don't have the part. It's rated 60v at 10a. But -- I do have a real variety of magnet wire, some pretty thin stuff also. Wonder what guage...
34
34

The truth about the Moon Landing at last
10
10

Confusion
I have to design SCADA system for dam.I have water level sensor which has o utput between 4 and 20 mA in analog form and it is transferred to control r oom about 2 to 3 km apart from dam using OFC. Is...
9
9

Tek ads
On all sorts of web sites that I visit, I get the same "Overachiever" ad for the Tek DPO2000B series of oscilloscopes, sometimes multiple places on the same page. I must have googled it once, and I...
66
66

Tuning PDF loop (pseudo derivative feedback)
I know about the auto-tuning algorithm for PID: cycle the temperature up an d down, measure the peaks and distance between the peaks, and calculate Kp, Ki, and Kd. But recently I've been experimenting...
42
42

A $3.2 billion* thermostat....
Something is not right. Obviously a thermostat cannot cost a tiny fraction of that, nor do they have a market share worth anything like it. Not that I have much hope we will ever know what is going...
67
67