Subject Author Posted Replies

Programming algorithm for COP8
Anyone who can point to the programming algoritms of the National COP8 MCUs? All I found so far are pointers to programmer manyfacturers. It will be no surprise that I consider a >1k$ programmer a...
2
2

CMOS Data FlipFlop wierdness.
On a 4013 D-FF, when you tie both the SET and RESET together to the same logic state, I see that it forces both Q and !Q to go high when a POS edge is triggered on these paired lines. Looking at the...
9
9

Schematic and Layout software.
So, I finally "understand" EAGLE, and that I need to edit my own libraries etc... I think that's the biggest learning curve there. The FAQ should include: Q. What do I do if I can't find the part I...
9
9

LCD Monitor repair
finally a sure and guarantee way to learn the secrets of LCD Monitor repair . Do you know that understanding of how each sections in LCD Monitor work i s the key of success in LCD Monitor...

electronic repair
Today offer you a wonderful book needs all the technicians and engineers and electronics maintenance shop owners, a measure of electronic components and repair The book in English and in PDF format...
1
1

Software to Apply FIR Filter - No Math
I am not a wizz at complex math. Does anyone know of an affordable software package with a GUI that will apply FIR type filters in real time to a continuous but changing digitized audio signal? Ken...
36
36

Buck DC-DC converter online simulation
Online simulation of buck (step-down) DC-DC converter is ready. Read theory of operation:

PIC32 oscillator question
I'm using the following code to test my oscillator configuration setup, and I'm puzzled. No matter what values I use for fpllidiv, fpllodiv, fpllmul, etc., my PORTB scope waveform never changes its...
8
8

34970A data logger loss of serial port com
While running a fairly lengthy series of trials, the HP34970A logger started to flash it's front panal display and issue beeps, much as it does(but only once) when power is first applied. It wouldn't...
8
8

Injection Locking an Oscillator (was Novel Zeitgeber devive for antique clock)
PAL fails to realize that injection locking an oscillator requires an oscillator >:-} His post was an attempt to output a subharmonic without the oscillator. There are better ways to handle such a...
37
37

Detector question on lock-in circuits
I see demodulator circuits that to me look like a full wave rectifier, they take an AC signal and flip its negative part above the line. This is the last stage of a lock-in before the...
1
1

Science Cartoons
Hi all, I ran across the science cartoons of S. Harris, thought you might enjoy. "It's somewhere between a nova and a supernova, --probably a pretty good nova." Mikek
2
2

Improve Your Soldering Iron 70% !
My soldering was running a bit cool, slow to heat up, then slow to heat up splices. I tightened and filed it, not much improvement. So I rectified the 117VAC with a full wave bridge and a 17...
25
25

Stripping Ribbon Wire Without Tool (2023 Update)
Does anyone have a secret way to neatly strip ribbon wire (all at once) without a dedicated tool, or doing one conductor at a time. I have tried cutting across both sides with a snap knife, bending...
11
11

Faux MOSFET... Behavioral Modeling
For sometime now I have been trying to build a behavioral model of logic gates that was consistent with real-world behavior when mixed into an Analog environment. (Existing logic models, such as those...
5
5