Subject Author Posted Replies

headphoneAmp bandwidth
A simulation of the headphone amp to determine the bandwidth yields a 30 dB peak around 75 Hz, at 1 KHz the amplitude is -45 dB. Using an LT1055 produced the expected results, a bandwidth of about 1...
8
8

The Bismarck
German battleship Bismarck - Wikipedia
4
4

Where can I get small quantity.?
Where can I get small quantity of this... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
12
12

Re: Hitting The Global Warming Button
1. The world may not be warming at all; it could well be instrumentation errors. Just the change in paint on Stevenson boxes could explain the whole thing. 2. The planet's temperature is very noisy on...
79
79

Solar charge controllers specifications
Hi everybody, I am working on a solar battery controller design. In literature it is ofte n stated that "solar charge controllers are rated and sized according to th e solar array system voltage and...
44
44

Headphone amp simulation
I tried to create an LTspice simulation of Jim Thompson's headphone amp (5/21/14 5:16 PM post). I got the supertex models from and the TL082 model from TI. When run it produces the error message:...
75
75

Antidepressants Root Cause of Yet Another Shooting Rampage
Lots of "therapists" involved here, and guns had about as much to do with it as driving a BMW ( he actually did kill a cyclist by ramming him with the BMW, that's how the big hole got in the...
26
26

OT: But a good read.
OT: But a good read. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts...
3
3

Simulating Power Bandwidth
I'm trying to do a simulation to show power bandwidth for a (high power) OpAmp versus compensation capacitor. In the lab I would simply crank up the signal generator amplitude until the output became...
17
17

Writing a RF weather fax program
This is Linux software. Source code released under GPL license is now on my site: To unpack: tar -zxvf cd pwfax-0.1 Follow instructions in INSTALL, More info in README I decided to add Goertzel algo...
9
9

Newgroup Suppliers
Teksavvy is starting to play games with the newsserver so it's time to find another supplier. Here's a list of some of them: All pretty much the same. Expensive. There is one with an interesting...
21
21

Expresscard Fame kits
I am looking into the Expresscard format and I see two sources for the 34 adn 54pin frame kits.. Amphenol TCS & AVX Elco Are there any others? Thanks
4
4

Faster buffer than NL37WZ16US anywhere?
Folks, The NL37WZ16US can muscle a 50ohm load around in under a nanosecond when paralleling all three sections in it. This is great. But of course once you have a Porsche you then want a Ferrari. Is...
18
18

manifesto
This is cool: We can probably expect cheap power fets with something like 100x the power/capacitance ratio of mosfets. Get used to designing 40 MHz class-D amps and switching supplies.
11
11

Vaccum capacitor failure oddness.
While analyzing a problem with a small (150Kwatt oscillator) circuit, we discovered a faulty 200 pf 30VK vacuum cap. This was found via a series of HI-POT testing, starting with the filament...
4
4