Subject Author Posted Replies

PIC processors and ADCs
Hi all I use a PIC16F73 - could be any. I can set up how many ADC channels I use, and the lowest is 3 - (RA0, 1, and 3). I only need one ADC channel but I need all the digital signals, mostly for...
80
80

Crystals....
Hi all I just started working on an idea based around a PIC processor from Microchip. I used all kinds of components from my drawer, and got a surprice - I used a 8Mhz crystal from a TV set, which...
2
2

Micro strip line questions
Could some electronics guru please clarify the following.While going over a very useful set of lecture notes on microstrip layout for RF/microwave PCBs, I came across the following three expressions,...
7
7

n-channel enhanecement MOSFET: why is it called an n-type inversion layer?
In this MOSFET we have a p-type substrate, and n+ source/drain. When we apply a +ve voltage to the Gate, we repel holes (the majority charge carrier) in the p-type substrate downwards, thus uncovering...
2
2

OT:Are the overlords up to something?
I've noticed that if you recalculate the Dow into Euros you get rid of a lo t of the volatility. Here's the graph. In Euros there's no crash in 2008, just a nice slow 18 month adjustment sta rting...
8
8

crazy NPN
Check the betas! -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
39
39

C0G ceramics vs humidity---I think I have the answer
Follow my logic: The reason a polymer capacitor drifts with a change in humidity is that water is a very polar molecule w/ a dielectric constant of about 80. Polymers are much lower, 2-8 more or less....
1
1

Estimate of diode laser bandwidth
Hi all, after tribulations with HV opamps and leaky inductors, my diode laser seems to be happy again. Here's a scan of the laser through a Fabry-Perot confocal cavity. (F-P FSR ~ 380 MHz, finesse >...
12
12

4-20mA signalling
Hi is there any accepted "standard" (or common) way of signalling "null" or "unavailable" or "fault" values? Perhaps a current below 4mA or above 20mA? I am looking for something that a customer can...
31
31

Are 2N7002s somehow fragile?
I have had two 2N7002 broken for no apparent reason. I used them for shifting logic levels, and thought that they are not very critical (until they stopped working that is). I used 100n capacitors as...
35
35

C0G ceramics vs humidity
Does anyone have reliable information on the affect of humidity on C0G capacitors? Polypropylene caps will drift about 1/2% from 50 to 90% humidity, polycarb are much worse, maybe 3-4%. I have never...
73
73

AD SSM 2000: Documentation Eval Board?
Attention: fup2! Dear experts, A "few" years ago Analog Devices launched SSM 2000 "Hush", a noise reduction IC. Together with it they offered an evaluation board of which I have schematic and circuit...

faraday cage leakage
I am trying to charge my device in a faraday cage. The cage works well without the cord plugged into the device. When I have it plugged into the charge cord radio waves penetrate the cage. Do the...
13
13

Radio communications device on I2C
Hello, I'm looking for a device which I can connect to STM32 (the one like here: h ttp:// a_brief/DM00094498.pdf) for radio communications. I want to transmit and re ceive signals, encoded with AX.25....
5
5

Arbitrary delay in LTspice
Awhile back we were trying to figure out how to make a voltage-variable delay line in LTspice. Turns out there is a way to use one signal to delay another: there's an undocumented function delay(x,y)....
7
7