Subject Author Posted Replies

simple absorptive lowpass filter
Jeroen Belleman has designed some spiffy absorptive lowpass filters that look resistive at one port. Mini-circuits has some new filters that are resistive on both ports: I have some samples coming to...
14
14

Somebody had an idea for a lossless flyback snubber
Hey Been trying to find the post with the lossless snubber, with AFAIR a capacitor from the drain node to a regenerative point. I am working on a 2 switch flyback and some other schemes, but would...
25
25

Eternal-september
I seem to be having disruptions with newsgroups. I initially blamed it on my flaky internet access, but now I realize it is eternal-september. In addition to timing out from time to time, their web...
4
4

The magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9
"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe." - N.Tesla
9
9

How is voltage rating on capacitor determined ?
Could some electronics guru please shed some light on this ? How is the voltage rating on a capacitor calculated, at design time. For any capacitor, the capacitance is the ratio of charge stored to...
23
23

PCB assembly -- both SMD and Leaded
I'm debating whether to have a simple board built for me (screaming circuit s etc) and I already have a bunch of leaded parts (IC sockets especially). Do these places have an issue with mixing smd and...
4
4

OT: Bracket/Shelf for Set Top Box
I have this TV set on the patio... It was signal-restricted to analog channels (coax, via Cox). Now it has its own set top box (via CenturyLink). So I'm looking for a proper mounting bracket,...
10
10

Kewl display
Sort of the grandfather of plasma displays:
13
13

OT? When Computer Controls Fail
Solar power systems have at least one thing in common with other large-scale power generating systems- they have to handle large amounts of energy in a controlled manner, and when the controls fail...
190
190

bad boards
We think this batch of boards is unacceptable. The board vendor disagrees, or is at least vague. I think we'll send them back. This house is usually excellent, but every PCB maker seems to lose the...
15
15

file CRC
We have a customer who sends us all sorts of files, binaries and word docs and text and whatever. We sometimes get the "same" file on the same day from two different people, and the file dates are...
31
31

Does spark plug wire really go bad
I replaced several loose wires on my 20 years old engine. The new wires ar e just loosely laying on top of the engine. I can already smell the burnin g rubbers. The old wires are nicely mounted with...
42
42

OT tDCS
So I was driving my daughter to dance last night, she picks out pod casts for us to listen to and discuss. Last night was 9-Volt Nirvana. Which was about tDCS, Which reminds me of drouds from Larry...
7
7

Crafted transmision line reflections as autocorrelation discrimination and amplification
Hi - Say we have a binary autocorrelation sequence of n bits, that strongly reje cts every mismatch except the aligned one, like this Maybe n is just 7 for the sake of discussion. Now imagine a...
12
12

Monitoring Driver Distraction
Because it is so cheap to get around San Diego County on a Senior transit p ass ($18 for 30 days and parking is free at the transit station 3 miles awa y) I have been riding a lot of buses lately. To...
7
7