Subject Author Posted Replies

Using a DMM to measure output isolation/crosstalk
I'm making some PCB's that have some DC to DC converters on them with three 5 Volt converters, one 15 volt converter, and a converter with +/- 12 volt s DC. On the PCB the output pins are in a...
3
3

Faint IC Marking
Why are many ICs marked so faintly? I have seen any number of devices where they are hard to read even if angled in the light just so. I bought an open frame power supply and while inspecting it found...
33
33

OT: Pete Fountain is Dead
Pete Fountain is Dead... The ought to be some "didn't he ramble" parade! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems |...
2
2

Digital RF Capacitors
Has anybody here had contact/experience with WiSpry parts?
30
30

"Flying" distributors for 1/4" quick connects?
They are called different names among manufacturers but everyone knows them from washing machines, fridges, cars and so on: Where can I find an insulated piece where you can plug three or more of such...
28
28

Altium Designer Training
I let my Altium subscription lapse at release 10, but recently downloaded their latest release to see if it was worth upgrading. When browsing for information on the recent additions to the software I...
4
4

Anyone missed this?
There was an assassination attempt of The FSB station chief (that is the local Rezedent or head spy if you like) at Rio right near the games venues. Bets are some naughty official, judge or athlete...
1
1

I need an old Electronics reprint.
"For low cost, count on RTL" Electronics vol 41 pages 71 ++ Probably one of the March 1968 issues. All hell broke loose on this, ending up with me being permanently banned from Electronics. Seems that...
2
2

Custom instrument labels
Hi, all, As I've mentioned, the hunchbacks and I are going into the photoreceiver business. The first product is the QL-01, a 1 uA FS photoreceiver that's shot noise limited above 10 nA in a 1 MHz...
55
55

Reducing Pulse Duration
Hi all, I have 12V 2.5s duration pulses arriving at intervals of about 100s. What would be the simplest way to reduce these pulses to say 250ms? AIUI 555s cannot be used in monostable mode when the...
55
55

Cheap GPRS module
Hi Can anyone recommend a cheap GPRS module which has supercap or battery to allow for low average power? Furthermore, if I design it myself, what transceiver IC is the best to use (cheap also)...
2
2

pc with auto power-up
Dropbox has announced that they will no longer allow allow XP systems to play, so I guess it's time to upgrade my cabin automation system. I need a small, cheapish, low-power PC that runs W7 or 10....
57
57

inductor for HV flyback supply
I've created all kinds of HV circuits in the last 5 years,** and each one needs an external HV supply. So I really need some simple HV-supply circuits to plop onto these PCB's to make them...
71
71

How reliable is the watchdog on the LPC81x series?
Folks, Have to use an NXP processor and it will be the LPC812M101. An external POR/BOR will of course be provided. How reliable is the internal watchdog timer? Normally I provide an external one but...
23
23

Electric code or UL question, SPST relay on pump
Folks, Got a tight space situation and can't squeeze a large relay in there. A 120VAC pump motor needs to be controlled and the pump pressurizes water drawn from a small local basin. The pump motor...
91
91