Subject Author Posted Replies

Cracked resistor?
So, a customer sent me a board with the query "whuzzup?" It turns out that there's a resistor in there, which I mostly put in so that I could monitor current, but I kinda put in as a last-ditch fuse...
19
19

OT: Why Federations are a Seriously Bad Idea
You lose all control over making all your most important laws. Here's another fine example of why we've decided to pull out of the EU. We now have to pay for this scumbag's room and board for *at...
39
39

Get C0G performance up to 0.47uF
C0G and NP0 capacitor dielectrics are popular for their low or zero capacitance change with voltage. However in small SMT packages, 0805, they're only available up to ~ 0.01uF. For higher values we're...
4
4

98% efficient 4 watt 12V DC-DC converter EE13/7/3 N87 ferrite
I just received some EPCOS EE13/7/3 ferrite cores in type N87 and a matching bobbin for dual isolated windings. I was able to fit 12 turns of #24AWG magnet wire for primary and secondary. I used some...
23
23

Two questions about differential and difference equations
I'm working on an instructional video, and while I don't mind tossing out some hand-waving, and even some minor inaccuracies, I don't want to get things ENTIRELY wrong. First question: Quite a while...
3
3

Li-Ion questions (charger, fast-cycling)
Hi Folks, Just bought another Li-Ion deal with charger: The charger is like this little guy, a switcher that can deliver 1 amp: The typical battery is two cell bundles in series so 8.4V max. To my...
14
14

NTC capacitors
Not many people still make these. Everything else in the world seems to have a positive TC: pc boards, varicaps, inductors. I want a 2 pF N3300, and probably won't find one.
56
56

Cable Modem Help
Looking at getting Spectrum cable but having spec difficulty. They will provide a router only, router with wifi or router with wifi and phone but cannot give me specs. What's my problem ? I currently...
61
61

Can powerbanks shorten lithium battery life ?
I have a powerbank that I use to charge my cell phone. 10,400 ma is it's capacity. Output 3.7 V It has 2 outputs. 1.0 and 2.1 amps and I use the 2.1 amp My cell battery is about one yr old....
35
35

Resonant power converter
Hello all, long time no post from me. I'm still alive and I see a lot of f amiliar names are still here. I'm working on a resonant power converter design for a consumer LED lightin g application. I...
8
8

Efficiently Regulate 12VDC Down to 3VDC
I am building a project that is powered by a 12VDC 1A wall adaptor. Within it is an digital voice recorder IC that will only run on 3VDC or less. It only consumes a few mA though. What is the simplest...
32
32

The Human Antenna
Every year that I listened to FM radio or watched broadcast TV I noticed th at the radio signal fades if the antenna is not in its best direction or sh ape or length or something. I tried a hundred...
13
13

check your stock
It may be that we bought a reel of yellow LEDs for the DPC.
2
2

Extract Free Elections From Earth
This researcher has a number of videos in which he appears to draw current from the Earth to supplement an RF oscillator that lights LED's More light with the same current. Any idea what is happening...
60
60

OT: Could This Be The Election...
... that finally makes voter fraud the issue it should be instead of being shouted down by cries of racism? ead-veteran-vote/ "A Virginia Young Democrat working for a Democrat-aligned voter registrat...
21
21