Subject Author Posted Replies

Art of Electronics 3rd Ed. Easter Eggs
Check the index... :) "beast, the number of the, 666" But more importantly, rather than giving it away... "egg, Easter, /see/ if you can find all eight" But there's nothing under "if". I think I'm...

OT: Domain Name registration
I'm looking at registering a domain name and making a website. Mainly for t he email. I currently pay for an email address cause I don't trust the free ones. Sometimes I look into paying a little more...
10
10

LED Dimming Control
I want to be able to dim a 100 watt LED module. The supply that came with it doesn't support dimming in spite of the fact I was told it would. So I'm thinking of adding a dimming function. Rather than...
25
25

Current Shunts
I wanted to do some work with battery charging and powering a 100 W load. So I bought a couple of combination panel meters that will measure voltage, current and power as well as an energy running...
4
4

RIS-660A, my latest upgraded design
Segmented photodiodes are used for lightbeam position sensing. Generally you want to know relative light beam displacement, rather than absolute light levels. We solve this with a normalizing...
14
14

pHEMT
In talking about pHEMT's, how do *you* pronounce it? I've just had a meeting where "feemt" and "pee-hemt" was used. Since the context was obvious I stuck with transistor!
5
5

Slightly OT: Wine fridge temperature hysteresis?
What is normal for a temperature hysteresis (or "dead band") in a wine fridge? I am seeing 5F and more. It is a Vinotemp VT182. Long story short I modified it to become a beer fermenting chamber and...
24
24

A useful addition to your toolkit
Replace the existing connector with a BNC, add a bit of series resistance and you have a *very* cheap current probe for your scope.
63
63

Telephony Abbreviations
4WTO - Four wire transmission only In the context I see this I expect it really means bidirectional analog audio with no handshake signals. Is that right? I can't find a definition for this other than...
4
4

Using a small portable solid state amplifier to trace an audio circuit???
I have a small portable solid state amplifier that can run off batteries or a wall wart. (12V). I want to trace the circuits in a solid state Hammond Organ. (To listen for audio signals). So, this amp...
5
5

OT Anyting Exit
Sure, they start this shit, Calexit and possibly Texas. But remember many years ago when seven states got together and started a war, wanting out of the union. What happened to them ? You really think...
9
9

Ohm's Law Sine Wave Correction
If an Ohm's Law calculation yields a figure of 2A, what is the rule of thumb (multiplier) for correcting this from DC to an AC sine wave of the same voltage? Robert Miller
19
19

Keysight Scope Month
Enter here: Mostly the new 1000x scopes, but they do have a neat bode plot function for the built in wave generator. Cheers
4
4

Story involving a brain implant that allows access to the Internet
The online magazine FARTHER STARS THAN THESE has published ?Paul? ??s Brainbug? by C.E. Gee, which takes three minutes or less to read. This story involves a brain implant that can access WiFi. The...
5
5

OT: Real Life Sea Monsters
They say we know more about other planets than we do about our deep oceans and here's the proof:
9
9