Subject Author Posted Replies

LM358 RRO
I think this will work. One charm of the old parts is that the data sheet includes a transistor-level schematic. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to...
13
13

Adapter fails to power DC motor
I bought the following 4A 5V supply adapter: with the aim of trying it as an alternative supply for my 16 year old curtain controller circuit. At present I successfully use 3 x AA Nimh batteries,...
51
51

nice enclosure
This was made by Protocase, to our Solidwords design and artwork. It's laser-cut aluminum with a beautiful conductive finish that looks like stainless.
28
28

Multichannel audio (stereo) thank Pioneer
These guys are why we have stereo sound and they are even why we have karaoke. Hell, they made the first A/V receivers too. They were first in so many arenas. I have always bought Pioneer. Not their...
1
1

LT Spice universal opamp
In universalopamp2, what does the "rail" parameter do? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet. "Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The...
5
5

OT: John Oliver on the corona virus
33
33

Re: OT: How much of a threat is Huawei?
It's a very good question. Unfortunately, I can't find any actual technical reasoning for opposing Huawei; just an awful lot of emotive hot air, such as this Newsweek piece penned by one Nigel Farage:...
15
15

Remember when... err... win
Remember when one had to type in "win" at the DOS prompt to run Windows? Some used computers then and remember. Kids today got it way too easy. They should have to start out on an XT and learn about...
29
29

Changes in electrical length of bent coax cables
Gentlemen, Is it true that the electrical length of a coax patch lead changes if it's bent through a radius in order to interconnect two different pieces of test equipment and if so, which kind of...
22
22

Nice microscope
My first microscope finally arrived: Strange parts review: It's really nice, even with HD camera. This is a big step up for my home lab By the way, started my consultanty business, burning the...
13
13

The Pig is dead!
I have lived here for over 20 years, and I've had horrible power line noise the entire time. I had two power outages, Wednesday night and Thursday mor ning. The first was the entire subdivision after...
48
48

OT an electronic circuit
All my boys and girls are busy with VHDL and c and Python, namely typing, so I'm designing little all-analog products to stay amused. I actually never learned to type. One box is a tiny pulse...
41
41

Skybuck Flying's Corona Game !
Hello, Today, 28 february 2020, I just created a Corona Game ! You can download the executable from the link above. Direct link to executable: Direct link to zip file: There is also a Game Manual.txt...
7
7

interesting video on "diy" thermal epoxy
15
15

Best way to solder prototype pcb with thermal-pad ICs?
I'm struggling with issues prototyping PCBs having ICs with a thermal pad. I assembled a new 100-volt buck converter powering a 12V fan, see schematic: The circuit uses the elegant NSC LM5163, a 100V...
27
27