Subject Author Posted Replies

High voltage pnp's (250 volts)
high voltage pnp's (250v) Anyone know of a good pnp transistor spec'd up to 250 volts, a probable current limit of 1 amp and designed as a switching device. It's to serve as the switcher in a variable...
50
50

How much or how little
I guess it's not fair to hold Trump responsible for much of the results of the COVID-19 infection raging through the US. In the grand scheme of thing s he has only a small role to play in the outcome....
9
9

RIP John Conway
From the SVFIG mailing list... On 8 April 2020, Conway, who had been struggling with health problems for y ears, developed a fever from COVID-19. On 11 April 2020, Conway died at age 82. There's a...
3
3

Sleepy Joe's "plan" to return America to normal
"The plan has to start with responding effectively to the immediate medical crisis and ultimately lead to the widespread availability and administrati on of a vaccine." Done. "First, we have to get...
24
24

Quick portable Covid-19 test announced in Canada
I assume, as a civilized nation, that we are sharing this design with the rest of the world: John:-#)#

poor op-amp settling time
I selected a Maxim MAX4239 opamp for a low-power design project, for its 2.5uV offset, its Iq = 0.6mA, and for G>10, its 6.5MHz GBW. For G=10, that's a 650kHz -3dB bandwidth. Slew 1.6V/us. Response, t...
17
17

AZ independent engineer sues Arizona Board of Technical Registration
So... just came across this... don't know if its been discussed before yet... Greg Mills an AZ independent engineer, is suing Arizona Board of Technical Registration as they deny his the right...
17
17

Crazies in UK Burning 5G Towers (2023 Update)
Some idiot there named David Icke. A number of 5G towers in the UK have been set on fire in the UK because of coronavirus conspiracy theories. The top UK mobile networks are now asking people for help...
19
19

LDO regulators by Holtek
Is anyone using the Holtek HT75xx-1 series of LDO regulators? They're available at for a few US cents in small quantities. I bought a small batch last year and they work but I haven't got around to...

OT: FICO Credit Score and Covid-19
As long as we're off-topic lately: Any thoughts or comments regarding how the credit bureaus will deal with th is Coronavirus pandemic. Does anybody here believe strongly that those cre dit scoring...
38
38

OT: Internet Speeds
I'm on a small local company for wireless Internet access. Normally the sp eeds are adequate and I don't notice problems. But with everyone staying a t home the drag on the Internet is noticeable...
7
7

OT: CV Looking Forward
It is not clear how to project mortality numbers in the US. We are present ly at 482,000 active cases with 30,000 recovered and 20,000 dead. Without accounting in detail for the difference in time it...
7
7

OT: Lock-Down
Anyone getting fed up with the lock-down yet?
48
48

OT: Coronavirus statistics: what can we trust and what should we ignore?
Article is written by two heavyweights: Sylvia Richardson, director, MRC Biostatistics Unit, president elect of the Royal Statistical Society; David Spiegelhalter[1], chairman, Winton Centre for Risk...

Nice tube amp with schematic
This guy is pretty smart on tubes.
6
6