You'd think someone would make...

There's actually a double-sided ("fusible binding") tape, but it requires an iron (clothing not soldering :-) But most of the hotels I stay at have an iron in the closet, so that may be the way to go, yet avoid TSA ;-) ...Jim Thompson

They sell hot glue as a random weave fabric (like Tyvek, only very sparse mesh) at sewing stores for exactly Thompson's purpose. Stick it inside the hem and iron it. Looking in the old sewing supplies, "Stich Witchery".

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

"Bill Garber" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'm surprised they allow anyone on the plane with cig lighters and cigarettes. you think they'd have learned by now.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

use doublesided tape. like carpet tape.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

How would they know?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Needle, thread, knowledge of a tackstitch method...

Safety pin.

There's two adhesive solutions, one with hotmelt webbing (Stitch Witchery), and one that comes off in the wash (basically, just a PVA adhesive that doesn't penetrate much).

Reply to
whit3rd

I wear jeans and avoid all that nonsense. The customers don't seem to mind.

I also scribble block diagrams and schematics on whiteboards, photograph them, and send as attachments to emails as formal proposals. Ditto.

I have one tie, for weddings only.

John

I mentioned that back in the "thread" :-)

But couldn't remember what it was called. I can remember using it to stiffen light weight fabrics for my wife's various Girl Scout projects.

Now I remember... there's a really light version, almost like tissue paper, called "fusible interfacing". ...Jim Thompson

Raw, unseamed edge, at the bottom ?:-)

You don't need a tie for _your_ funeral... no one will come ;-)

I don't wear ties (ever) either, but I don't like jeans. Cheap fabrics like that abuse my baby-soft skin :-) ...Jim Thompson

I wouldn't use that phrase when the TSA inspector picks it up and asks you "What's this?".

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

"It's an, um, iron-on patch. Yeah, that's the ticket."

Reply to
krw

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Nothing to worry about. He'll come to yours.

Reply to
gearhead

Finally found the right thing...

(except I got it at Joann's).

Doesn't need an iron.... really sticky... I used those big squeeze type paper (binder) clips to keep the fabric aligned :-)

A roll now standard equipment in the briefcase. ...Jim Thompson