Yikes!

I still have a 1963 edition of the ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook as well as a 1973 semi-hardcover TI diode and transistor book.

Reply to
Dennis

Don wrote one, too? I only know the TTL Cook Book from Texas Instruments. Never had it but I've seen a German edition of it, early

90's AFAIR. A guy showed me a circuit in it and then the circuit. Didn't work. Well, turns out he must not have read the book cover to cover because I am sure it mentions the need for bypass caps in there somewhere. I was quite stunned that TI still published literature in foreign languages at that time.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I was just checking the DIR pin polarity on an ACT245. That's a hell of a pin driver, if you put all the sections in parallel.

John

NT expounded in news: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000yqh.googlegro ups.com:

Ah, the good ole days when things were in MC (megacycles).

Warren

Reply to
Warren

egro

Before megacycles it was meters. Before meters it was 0-100, with no correlation with anything.

NT

Reply to
NT

On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Jul 2011 07:45:05 -0700 (PDT)) it happened NT wrote in :

Before that it was 0-10 (for fingers) or 0-20 (if you included tones). And thse days it is 0 toi 1 (for digital).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Cool, We've got an almost (missing first three years) complete set of Reveiw of Scientific Instruments. A college library was throwing them out and a colleague grabbed them. One of the best parts is all the old adds from the 50's and 60's. I like to take one off the shelf and thumb through it when I have to go to the 'reading room'.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Wow, what are the 'woven' coil varible inductor/transformer things? Is one the antenna?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Oh, yeah? Well I have a 1948 (25th) edition of The Radio Amateur's Handbook published by the ARRL.

C'mon, what else you got?

Reply to
John S

I also have a 1964 edition of the GE "Essential Characteristics" book of tubes.

Reply to
John S

1957 Command set conversion manual (converting WW II era equipment for amateur use) 1962 RCA transmitting tube manual

1974,1976 Don Lancaster's TTL Cookbook and TV Typewriter Cookbook

Reply to
Dennis

Did he say which of the information was out of date? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, they've come up with different plate designs, in the trade-off between deep-cycle vs. cold cranking amps and so on.

I was astonished the first time I saw one of those little jump-starter batteries, about the size of a lunchbox, but it's been explained to me, as long as it can do the amps, you don't need a lot of amp-hours to crank a car motor until it starts. (hundreds of amp-seconds, maybe. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

<

Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

I have the 1946 edition, because it was a Very Important Year.

I have a 1963 Allied catalog, too. And some really old stuff.

John

---

1918 Handy Book Of Facts And Formulae, Scientific American Series 1937 Radio Instruments And Measurements, NBS Circular C74 1943 Radio Engineers' Handbook, Terman 1953 Radiotron Designer's Handbook, RCA 1957 American Institute Of Physics Handbook, AIP 1961 Antenna Engineering Handbook, Jasik 1961 Silicon Zener Diode and Rectifier Handbook, Motorola 1963 Handbook Of Operational Amplifier Applications, Burr-Brown 1964 GE Transistor Manual, GE 1969 Silicon Power Circuits manual, RCA 1969 Electronic Components Manual, GE 1970 Linear Integrated Circuits, RCA 1970 Receiving Tube Manual, RCA 1970 Sylvania Technical Manual, Sylvania 1971 Nonlinear Circuits Handbook, Analog Devices 1972 Reference Data For Radio Engineers, ITT/Sams 1974 Signetics Applications Manual, Signetics 1976 Signetics Data Manual, Signetics 1976 Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia, Van Nostrand Reinhold 1977 Analog-Digital Conversion Notes, Analog Devices

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

50mA per device (max for power and ground pins)?
Reply to
krw

RDRE is good to have around, most any year. Cheap on ebay, last time I looked.

John

The Vcc and Gnd pins are rated 200 mA continuous. 5 volts into 50 ohms is only 100.

John

Page 2: Maximum ratings: DC Vcc or GND Current per Output Pin +/- 50mA.

Reply to
krw