Xilinx news

My (limited) experienced is that for "regular" employees, one week per year is common... but for "executives" often six months to one year is common, despite their tenure and despite how much they personally were responsible for fouling things up. :-)

Heck, some scummy employers tend to hold onto an employee's last paycheck if the employee leaves under bad terms; they know that most employees are gonig to be busy looking for another job and likely won't have the time and/or money to pursue getting it in court.

Right, since it's "their" time. AIUI this is the reason many companies cap vacation time at, e.g., 4 weeks -- they don't want employees building up a little $100k "vacation cash" fund that tends to look bad on the books.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

At IBM the common rule was one week per year, up to 26 weeks, with a minimum of eight weeks. At one time, depending on the layoff, it was one or two weeks per year and up to two years (that ended pretty quickly, though). I got the

26 weeks when I left. ...in addition to the pension. Bastards wouldn't give me unemployment, though. ;-)

In my current job the severance is zero.

In many states there is no need to go to court. The state labor board will thump them *hard* for pulling that crap.

Exactly. That "fund" also gets any raises. We're only allowed to roll over eleven days.

Reply to
krw

FYI :

xilinx grenoble is ( was ) involved with XST software xilinx bought IST in 99, which was founded 20 years ago, for its synthesis tool knowledge

age

ear is

espite

ouling