WTF patents

[snip]

I can't stand that show. My idea of comedy is "Desperate Housewives" or "Boston Legal" ;-)

After today I think I've decided I'd be dead before I completed writing up everything I've designed ;-)

I did find the LiIon charger I mentioned some time ago when that was a topic here... 15 pages of schematics ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Why though ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Lack of manpower, lack of brains in the remaining bureaucracy :-(

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Oh, please hurry!

;-P Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to

...and the number one answer is... The USPTO is not a cost center, it is a *profit* center for the US government. The USPS should be so successfull.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I guess because there is no disincentive. They are paid whenever a patent is filed, and they are not penalized when a patent is thrown out. If you could sue for wrongful grant of patent, like you can sue for wrongful arrest...

I could sum up my whole gripe: "the 'nonobvious' criterion should be enforced much more strictly."

Reply to
Walter Harley

In article , Jim Thompson wrote: [...]

Publish it in volumes. That way when you drop over quill in hand, some of it will already be out there.

BTW: Please make that a lot of volumes.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , Keith wrote: [....]

Make the stamp for junk mail $50 :>

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Hey, they're "creating wealth". It's the Republican way of doing business.

So what if it's bogus. IP is IP. And if a sleazy lawyer can use it as a power dildo to ream out the unprotected, that's capitalism, 21st century style. Welcome to the postindustrial Information Economy.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Too right. The general technical incompetence of patent examiners is really deplorable. That's what we get for elevating form over function [bureaurocracy].

--
JosephKK
Reply to

Considering the amount of joint damage it contributes to letter carriers as compared to first class mail, that price may be too low.

--
JosephKK
Reply to