workshop addition

I've never seen that done in a lab workbench. If the issue is safety, just use a ground fault detector.

John

i just finished my exams at uni and now i am going to devote myself to electronics. and my first project i think i'll start working on is an isolated supply system by maily using two scavanged torrodial transformers from 420v to 45 couple 1:2 2:1 to isolate the suply and then feed an elcb and two mcb to isolate to power rails for my workshop what do you think? and i want to ask a simple question but which i cant find a way two work around this is if you can build a diy variac?

regards

*** Sent From/Enviado desde:
***
Reply to
dsaint

Got your degree? Congratulations!

Variacs can often be bought at surplus stores. I don't think it is feasible to build one yourself. Also, keep in mind that many variacs do not isolate, IOW they are not always an isolation transformer at the same time.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I haven't got the isolating transformer, but my workbench was RCD protected long before it became the norm in the mains panel. It saved me from harm- twice in 25 years. That's useful enough for me, even though it still hurt.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke