Woburn/Burlington

If Fred would come I'm sure we'd all have a good time and be better off for it. We can go off into a corner and have at it, along with some mandatory alchohol-inspired hilarity. I'll need Fred there to back me up against all the s.e.d. rednecks who show up. :>) Then we can reminisce about boki, news2020, and all the other blokes...

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

That's exactly what the Democrats need to do. The left needs to give up it's elitist mocking and bashing and reach out. It needs to address the concerns of those who disgree with them on issues and seek common ground. At the very least it needs to treat those who disagree with them with respect if they want their concerns given a fair hearing. In the end, clowns like you did more to get Bush elected by alienating people than anyone else.

Paul C

"I've come to bury Caesar, not to praise him." Mark Antony in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar

Reply to
PaulCsouls

You're full of shit- the election was won by pure fraud and vote fixing- it had nothing to do with rational thought or beliefs. Don't like being told you're a worthless chickenshit fraud and moron who helped set America up for a nuclear attack? Tough shit- GFOAD.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Last I checked, the Marriot is open to the public, just anyone can walk into that dump, and apparently they do:-)

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

[snip]

I'm game to talk to anyone who shows.

...Jim Thompson

Democracy may have been perfected now:

--H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

"When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental -- men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand.

"So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack, or count himself lost. His one aim is to disarm suspicion, to arouse confidence in his orthodoxy, to avoid challenge. If he is a man of convictions, of enthusiasm, or self-respect, it is cruelly hard.

"The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even a mob with him by the force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second or third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically the most devious and mediocre -- the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

"The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

No, Democrats.

--
  Keith
Reply to

orthodoxy,

even

the

The swaggering moron will most likely start a nuclear war in the next four years- then the Pig Blatherers and other self-serving takers will finally get what they've got coming to them- it will be no loss when they are gone.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

The Russians are already using real time war gaming with limited strikes against a select group of US coastal cities- these are games where the operational forces are actually put into motion and only the last act becomes a simulation-geez I wonder why. If you learn nothing else about the events that led up to the invasion of Iraq, you might pay very close attention to our vulnerability to being manipulated by third parties such as Israel and the dissident Iraqi INC- or even Al Qaeda. This means it is very unsafe for the swaggering autocrat to create a situation of high tension. The people who know have stated that Al Qaeda has received their religious approval to unleash a WMD ( that is all ready to go) upon the US that is predicted to be WTC x 10- this will the excuse Bush needs to suspend the Constitution, declare a state of nationwide martial law, and install himself as absolute ruler of the US indefinitely. I wonder if even that will wake you up.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I read in sci.electronics.design that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'Woburn/Burlington', on Sun, 5 Dec 2004:

I think that UK has one or two, as well.

John Woodgate
[snip]

Guess who will be rounded up first ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Ermm...I guess I'm one of the lurkers in the area and I'm game to have a drink or two.

You really want to tip-a-few or you'd rather just talk politics?

- Chris MIT '89

Reply to
info

The British ones probably (we don't really know) aren't independent, being US controlled.

But wait till Alabama gets the Bomb... (who's next?)

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

In the Marriott bar (Burlington, One Mall Road) at 8:45PM, Thursday.

You want to talk circuits ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Nobody really cares about your outlook. Your neighbors will probably use the ensuing chaos as an excuse to blow you away - when the ship starts sinking, it's time to throw the dead weight overboard.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Well - Based on the assumption that Trident is the preferred delivery vehicle, I foresee that "the dangerous end" of those weapons will be much closer to the launch site than to the target. ;-))

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Let's see - you're from Arizona? How about football? :)

Chris

Jim Thomps>

have

Reply to
info

Ya gotta be kidding... worst f...ing team in the universe. And a non-Arizona-style name, Cardinals. Send 'em back to St. Louis!

How about talking baseball, and how the Red Sox had to import Schilling from Arizona to get to and win the series ?:-)

Actually I'm not at all a sports enthusiast, so don't expect any cogent sports discussion ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Chris, what's gaterocket.com and bostonsemiconductor.com?

I see news: See us at DVCon in San Jose February 15 at the DoubleTree Hotel, paper "Merging ASIC and FPGA Design Techniques to Cut Cycle Time"

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

"convenient driving distance" = maneuverable after having "tipped a few"?

--Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Haude