Wither S.R.B.P.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

An _aluminum_ PCB? Huh?? How?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Phenolic boards are still widely used here in India, as are single-sided glass-epoxy. I don't have a supplier's details as I just buy what I need OTC when I visit a major city, but I could find out if you';re interested.

Reply to
pimpom

You have no idea how wrong you are.

Yes, and not so many years ago it was an unspoken rule you could only get prototype quantity PCBs locally. Now you can get them direct from China in FR-4 so why not FR-2.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

Whilst that is true for high volume manufacture, there are many Chinese PCB companies doing prototype quantities direct now and they all have web sites in English.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Yes, I think it is.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Yes, I would be interested in finding out who can make small quantities of FR-2 single sided PCBs ... thanks

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Kinsten make it presensitised ready to expose/etch. Its much cheaper than FR4 for protos.

It's MUCH kinder on drillbits and bandsaw blades than the fiberglass. Cuts like butter.

Reply to
Nik Rim

Yes you can get similar stuff from Maplin in the UK.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

gh

is

paper

hi...

don't know how they make it or if it is only single sided smd, but I've seen it used in an electric powersteering for a toyota.

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

LOL!

The Al core is just a heat drain. Then a copper foil + a thin isolation layer is glued on it and then worked as an ordinary PCB material. Well almost. Just try to use vias :-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Dunno if it's still true, but years ago, my local PCB shop would run special materials if we provided them. Got some special linen phenolic material (w/o copper) for them, and I got a few sheets of phenolic laminate thrown into a container from Asia so we could prototype paper base phenolic boards locally.

Alternatively, the offshore prototype/short run places can probably do this, however you'd have to ask them. Typically the production paper-based phenolic boards are made in different plants from PTH epoxy-glass boards because so little of the machinery is in common (rows of punch presses rather than Excellon CNC drills, screening rather than photo-imaged printing, etc) and there is also often a large difference in production space required vs. price of goods (ie. you need cheap space and material handling equipment to make a go of volume phenolic boards).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

But those are more the hobby shops, they have to use the web. The large scale mfgs work through long term relationships, acquaintance, referral. Or by marrying into the "correct" family :-)

Did you try the other link I posted? That one does phenolic and even has a rep in the US. So you don't have to talk Mandarin to them ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

So? Hobby shop is fine by me. I never said I wanted high volumes.

Yes - looks like the only do assembly with it, not bare boards. And I am not in the US.

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

Well, then I'd forget phenolic. It ain't going to save you any money on low volumes. Low meaning less than six-digit.

No, on their web site it says manufacturing and assembly. They can do both.

If in the UK just call them. From here (US) to the UK I pay 500 millicents per minute, quite reasonable :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

Have you tried "GSPK" in Harogate, North Yorks.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

An awful lot of the pcb in CD/DVD spindle motors are alloy !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

,

le

/chi...

You don't have to. Just deposit USD $500 and I will make sure you get the boards.

Account Name: ShenZhen shi yijing dianzi keji youxian gongsi

Account Number:

4000025009200481060

Bank Name: Industrial and Commerical Bank of China Shenzhen Branch

Yes, the US rep is talking to you right now. But some people choose to ignore the US rep and try to contact the HK rep or China rep.

Reply to
linnix

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

Who said anything about saving money?

Cheers

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:Ym-VuoeUyKwJ:

Good Lord, that's a blast from the past. ISTR using them decades ago!! I'll look them up.

Cheers

ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

There are also special storage and soldering requirements for paper boards. Forget about fine pitch layouts as well.

Reply to
linnix