Wiring CAD

Our company started using DIN rail -based stuff. What do people use for cabinet wiring diagrams these days? Altium is obvious overkill.... Thank you for suggestions

Reply to
Michael

Aurocad has a branch for Electrical Cad. it has just about what you need to plan out a cabinate with race way calculations, labels etc....

Reply to
M Philbrook

I saw autocad... It is ~$1k5/year subscription. I doubt company will spend this much.... Yes, I know, using Excel plus Dia costs more in the long run :o(

Reply to
Michael

Michael wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well you will see this also real package as overkill as well, but they are one of the premiere CAD makers, so not cheap.

The application is SolidEdge from Siemens. They have wire routing and cable run software modules. You would, of course, have to render may if not all of the physical elements of the device you are trying to wire up as well. But it does it large scale or small.

(google page of Siemens videos)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno