"Wireless" Power Transmission???

I like tha idea of having a mouse-pad sized flat plastic thing that I could drop anything onto to charge it. It could light up under the various gadgets to indicate charge status; that would be fun. But the distance would be ~~zero, direct contact, and power levels would be low. Qi works at 6.7 MHz, for whatever that's worth.

A car could have Qi powered cup holders. Hey, you could drop a cell phone into a cup holder to charge it. Or stick in a coffee cup that had some conductive strips embedded, and keep it warm.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I know there're rumours the sequence will happen. Have you ever filed a patent and then used that patent to gain investors?

Reply to
Robert Macy

I have great respect for MIT, but somethimes one must be 'outside' the box to make progress. Remember that MIT claimed that Buckminster Fuller's geodesic dome to cover the Navy's? radar system would be blown away with any wind stronger than 16 mph. Yet, after a hurricane with windspeeds 100+ mph went through destroying everything BUT the radar dome; therefore MIT's ability can be called into question.

Also, improper thinking creates a system whereby a neighbor can easily steal power. Again, saying too much.

Reply to
Robert Macy