why do we need different mental layers for CMOS technology?

Hi all I have a few confusion about CMOS mental layer, First, why do we need different mental layer in CMOS techonlogy? Like Mental 1, mental 2, it seems mental 1 is enssence and I do not know what is the usage of mental 2. It seems there exists mental layer

3 in mosis and have 8 or 9 mental layer for inter or AMI, can anyone explain what is the advantage of them. What is the usage of different mental layers? Second, In fact, which mental layer connects the outside circuit? I guess it is mental 3 in mosis, am I right? Thanks a lot
Reply to
lixiaoyao

Not mental, metal.

Mental: involving the mind or an intellectual process; "mental images of happy times"; "mental calculations"; "in a terrible mental state"; "mental suffering"; "free from mental defects"

Metal: metallic element: any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Just like a multilayer PC board. You need lots of layers to make all the interconnects and do the power and clock distribution.

John

Mental layers control the thinking...

Reply to
Robert Baer

The more mental layers, the easier it is to think up CMOS designs.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Sno-o-o-o-ort !-)

...Jim Thompson

What did you expect from gmail !

Reply to
Donald

Reply to
lixiaoyao

Even without the typo, I (we) thought this was a joke.

All chip technologies has multiple metal layers.

Google or your professor can help you.

donald

Reply to
Donald

Reply to
lixiaoyao

Why does Chinese music sound off key?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

That's always been a puzzle to me... since the only other use of the pentatonic scale is Scottish music.

...Jim Thompson

Because it's (usually & traditionally) in pentatonic scale?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"The Irish were Egyptians long ago" - or the Scots were Chinese?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

No, that wasn't meanness. That was "humor". You are obviously new to usenet or you'd have grown a sense of it by now. Or not, but I find it useful.

Did you notice Don's last line?

If you don't have a professor, we see you use Google's Gmail. We also assume you have some skill using the Google search engine. As another example of American humor; that skill is often called Google- fu, but it isn't at all derogatory.

How strong is your Google-fu?

I ask because the regulars here will _help_ you learn, but they mostly would also like to know you know _how_ to learn. That's another kind of -fu, and we don't know how far advanced you are.

So, what have you done so far, and what book or website example can you cite of exactly what you don't get?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Generated by

Location: United States [City: College Park, Maryland]

OrgName: University of Maryland OrgID: UNIVER-262 Address: Office of Information Technology Address: Patuxent Building City: College Park StateProv: MD PostalCode: 20742 Country: US

NetRange: 129.2.0.0 - 129.2.255.255 CIDR: 129.2.0.0/16 NetName: UMD-BOGON-NET NetHandle: NET-129-2-0-0-1 Parent: NET-129-0-0-0-0 NetType: Direct Assignment NameServer: NOC.UMD.EDU NameServer: NS1.UMD.EDU NameServer: NS2.UMD.EDU NameServer: NASANS4.NASA.GOV

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The Scots couldn't afford all 8 tones.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Maybe all the modern ones do. The old mustard-colored TTL handbook had lots of schematics, and each was carefully drawn with no wire crossings. Because that's how they were designed, on account of there wasn't any second metal layer.

Crossovers COULD use a low-value resistor (base resistor) but that took up area, and it was considered a last resort. The transistor bases were natural crossover opportunities, so you'd see lots of transistors with wires attaching to the base from left and right...

Reply to
whit3rd

But there are only two tunes for the bagpipes.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

try drawing a moderately complex circuit (maybe a half-adder or twin-tee oscillator) so that no wires cross.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen