why can't a card phone set dial more than 6 numbers?

once, i had to call my friend who lives in another city, i wanted to use a card phone set, i inserted my card into it, but surprisingly it couldn't dial more than 6 numbers. i had to dial 11 numbers, though. what was wrong with the phone set or was there any thing wrong with my card, maybe?

Reply to
honeymoon6002