Who says 555 projects can't be awesome?

I would expect Rich to be more familiar with a tie stick.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

A baking accessory for dyslexics.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Grin, I thought it was a nit nap

one: (928)428-4073

Reply to
George Herold

I wore a tie yesterday... I wear ties to weddings and funerals ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Nicely done; that made my day!

Thank you. :-)
Reply to
John Fields

...and I have a strict limit of one per year.

Reply to
krw

It's what you use to select options, such as the static inputs to address decoders, on a board.

The thing that holds cables together.

Reply to
krw

I bet you're talking about the package. I had one of those mil-spec ones with the gold pins and the quartz lid in a metal frame that I unsoldered, then unsoldered the chip from the bottom of the package and threw the package away - I had a naked chip about 1/4" square, that was surprisingly not very easy to solder the (gold-plated) post to the back of. And its corners were sharp enough to draw blood. >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, it was "My Tie Pin," so I wore it every time I wore a tie. It got lost in the shuffle a few years ago when I essentially lost the job and eventually everything else; I haven't had occasion to wear a tie in a while.

The weird thing was, absolutely nobody commented on it. Zero! Even once when some lady complemented me on the "exquisite" tie I was wearing that day, which was an Xmas gift from Mom & Dad, she didn't mention the custom-made silicon chip tie pin. )-;

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's a thing that holds your tie close to your chest and keeps it out of your soup.

It's a silk, polyester, or other fabric noose worn like a cravat to identify your ranking in the heirarchal rat race and making hand-to-hand combat a losing proposition.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Ah, yes, more's the pity! (they're quite far and few between, these days.)

But did you know that in Korea you can get sun-dried lizard on a stick? (the sun-dried squids don't need the stick.) ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, one thing's sure about Palin - nominating her for Prez would guarantee another four years for Our Glorious Beloved Infallible Commissar.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Is that a tie stick, or a Thai-stick? They seem to be still selling in California.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

...and a voltage divider with TWO taps, that's complex!

Reply to
whit3rd

I'm almost sure he was going for the pun, and yes, I have had Thai stick, but I fear it might be prohibitively expensive domestically.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

I just looked up your part. Are you thinking of doing the 'G' metal can package or the 14 pin DIP? Looking at the photos of the 8 pin DIP

555 I'd strongly consider doing central coutouts between the threaded rods to keep the weight down. We ARE getting older. Doing the 'G' package would be a challenge but could be a work of art.

G=B2

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

Don't you remember that several years ago, while redoing the barby, I bought a hydraulic lift table :-) ...Jim Thompson