For the 555 fans

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Aug 2013 05:55:27 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in :

35$?

snif...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Those people are insane, in a good sort of way.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

That goes along with this:

hamilton

Now I want to see them do the core of a PIC16F84.

Reply to
hondgm

LOL,

hamilton

Finally, one that won't puncture your feet if you step on it.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Too cheap?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I should make one out of SiGe:C transistors and see how fast it goes. It would probably be disappointing, since the speed would be mostly just RC delays.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

with the really small transistor packages available now it probably close to possible to make a discrete version is in a dil8 form factor

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If I wasn't so cheap, and liked Slowman even a little bit, I might get one and send it to him!

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Hoehler

Haven't seen LED clock kits in years.

Martin Riddle

With work, you could overcome the "cheap" part.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

It matches the 8X300 dining table.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing remove the last word.
Reply to

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:04:33 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

I am not against 'teaching tools' or something. However you can make a simple comparator with some 10 for 1$ transistors, and resistors cost a cent.

There are dual comparators (710? IIRC), in a chip... And of course 2$ PICs have perhaps dual comparators too. For that money you get one PLUS a programer, plus you learn micros.

35$ is a bad deal.

And there is LTspice, you can learn a lot without even touching the lead or silver, for free, IF you have a computah (and how else could they read those ads) by drawing the 555 circuit diagram ...

I can get way more interesting things for my 35 $, pizza, cookies, what not.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Lighten up John. It's just an offensive joke."Tom Hoehler" doesn't seem to exist - google groups advanced search can only find Tom Koehler.

You find me unsympathetic because I treat you with the respect you deserve, rather than the respect you think you deserve. Few other people have a similarly unrealistic idea of their own status.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I have the resistor values and device sizes (multiples) if anyone wants to roll their own ;-) ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

there's schematic and part list in the datasheet:

page 3

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

OK. I have it as a device-level Spice model... if anyone cares ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Does Digikey have 2N3904s with 100u, etc. width? ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com