Where to buy tiny test clips?

Hi

For testing on prototype with small SMD components I normally clip off a leaded pin and solder it on the component

I need very small clips to attach with small diameter wire to have very little mechanical stress on the components

Anyone got a good reference?

(sometimes I use enameled copper wire, but it takes longer to set up)

Regards

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

I could buy this, but 11 USD for a clip seems a bit high:

Klaus Kragelund

Logic analyser test probes? Cheap as chips on eBay.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Wire wrap wire.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

aioe usenet
Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Years ago I picked up some TP grabbers from digikey. The were $35 for 10p s. Now they are 10 bucks each. They are good for soic size stuff. Now I am looking for ridged arms that can hold my singer sewing needles in place. Sort of what Pico offers. The micro grabbers are too big for the smaller pitch devices. I tend to add pads for probing to work around the fine pitch probing issue.

Martin Rid

I normally strip #26 tinned stranded wire and use the individual strands.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs