Where do i bye transperent electric material?

Try Cyberguys.com

Reply to
Dan Hollands

Hello Group,

Where do i bye transperent stuff like transperent net cords for 230 volt, transperent plugs and sockets?

Looking forward to hear your answers.

Best regards + happy new year. Søren M

Reply to
Søren M

"Dan Hollands" skrev i en meddelelse news:RsTvf.56152$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Dear Dan,

Thankyou for your answer.

it seems that its only computer stuff on the page you recomended.

Have i overlooked somthing?

/Søren M

Reply to
Søren M

They send me a catalog once in a while and I thought they had various transparent and translucent parts so thought they might have what you were looking for.

What is a transparent net cord and why do you need transparent plugs and sockets? and what kind of plugs and sockets - to go on the net cord?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Hollands

I don't know which country you are in but assume it is somewhere in Europe. I can only comment on the Australian system.

Transparent 240V plugs and cord extension sockets are readily available in Australia, eg.

As far as 240 V appliance cordage with transparent sheath is concerned I think this is not available due to the low impact resistance of transparent pvc iirc. In Australia I have only seen 240V round jacketed appliance cords with sheath colours of black, grey, white, yellow, orange or red. Here, the sheath colour can be almost any colour as long as it does not contain the colour green.

I remember that back in 1950 - 60's twin figure 8 lamp cord was available with a clear pvc insulation but it had a tendency to discolour and harden and could eventually crack. Technical advances have probably overcome these problems since then.

Ready made cord sets are available eg.

I would imagine that similar products exist where you are.

This report indicates that Unicable in the USA might manufacture various colour cord/plug sets

however a visit to their website does not mention the subject.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

I hate to have to tell you this but there is no such thing as a "standard EU plug". The Schuko type is perhaps most widely used though.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Dan Hollands" skrev i en meddelelse news:oyVvf.56162$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

Dear Dan Hollands,

just because transperent cords and plugs look good for my new lamp design wich also are transperent.

Transperent net cord is for 230 Volt for lightbulbs, TV and so on.

Plugs for 230 Volt EU standard. looks like this: http://80.63.17.25/DAT/pic/s/60025.JPG

/Søren

Reply to
Søren M

Yup.

Belgium

Germany

No voltage specs listed.

Reply to
JeffM

Speaker cable has transparent insulation, but they haven't come up with transparent copper yet.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Transparent 110 volt zip cord has been available for years; presumably also available for 220 volt.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

You can bet you last dime these cables are all for low voltage (speaker cable) application - not 230/240Vac.

Reply to
Ross Herbert