WHAT'S THE CALUE OF THIS CAP? - cap.jpg (0/1)

The glare is on it, but assuming I read it correctly it says 225J and 250 on it. This would strongly imply 2.2uF 5% 250V rated polyester.

Reply to
Fritz Schlunder

I did a boo-boo and managed to fry (ooo, what a stink) a brand new remote switch for our xmas lights. As you can see from the attachment, it is definitely a dead cap (the smell was from a resistor on the same board).

My question is, what's the value of the cap? I am guessing .00022 uF at 250V. I have a pretty good junque box, but don't want to kill this little gadget for sure with the wrong value.

It's a 300-MHx 2-ch receiver driving two relays that switch two load circuits (lights).

At least there are two good relays to salvage!

TIA-- Terry--WB4FXD Edenton, NC

Reply to
Terry

I'd be guessing it's actually 0.22uF (22pF x 10^5). How big is it?

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

........This would strongly imply 2.2uF 5% 250V rated polyester. =>>

=>>

=>This is of course better maths than my feeble attempt. Mental note - get cup of tea.....

225J and MEF250. Thanks guys. I left the electronics game as a gainfully employed soul in 1979, but never stopped fiddling and building stuff. As a ham, that's required, isn't it? I guessed at the value based on the 22 and the 5, but started at the wrong place and, well, the rest is history.

Mo' tea?

Thanks again-- Terry--WB4FXD Edenton, NC

Reply to
Terry

=> .... How big is it?

About 0.75L and 0.5 x 0.625D (oval).